Campbell Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes
09/14/2012 — Camden, N.J. (Business Wire) —
Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) track the financial performance of leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide. In selecting the top performers in each business sector, the DJSI assess companies on several general and industry-specific topics. These include corporate governance, environmental policy, climate strategy, human capital development and labor practices.
"This recognition is a testament to the meaningful progress we are making with our corporate social responsibility strategy," said Dave Stangis, Vice President-Public Affairs and Corporate Responsibility. "From nutrition and packaging innovation to environmental sustainability and community programs, Campbell's CSR initiatives are integrated into every aspect of our business and culture."
The DJSI recognized the particular progress Campbell has made in the areas of health and nutrition innovation and climate strategy. Other key results from the past year include:
- The distribution of more than $40 million in product donations globally, and the collection of a record 70.7 million pounds of food during the annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive™.
- More than 23,000 volunteer hours logged in the U.S. and
Canadato support local communities.
- The construction of a 60-acre, 10-MW solar field at Campbell's largest manufacturing site in
Napoleon, Ohio, where 24,000 sun-tracking panels generate 15 percent of the electricity to operate the plant.
- A total savings of more than
$27.5 millionfrom sustainability investments across Campbell's plant network over the past three years.
- A savings of more than 1.2 million pounds of plastic and more than
$850,000through the redesign of product packaging.
Campbell's CSR strategies are designed to deliver measureable impacts in four key areas: Our Consumers, Our Planet, Our Employees and Our Community.
- Baskin-Robbins Launches Major Development Incentives For 2013 Baskin-Robbins is offering both franchise incentives and new store designs to attract new franchisees and develop existing relationships.
- Hungry Howie's Pizza Recognizes Its Top Franchisees Hungry Howie's awarded Franchisee of the Year and Best Newcomer for 2012 at their national convention.
- Kraft Foods Reorganizes Grocery Segment Under Two New Business Units Kraft Foods grocery segment reorganization will be effective on July 1.
For Email Marketing you can trust