Cream of Wheat Taps Famous Chefs to Bring The Cereal Beyond the Breakfast Table
Campaign Includes a Charitable Facebook Initiative
10/17/2011 - Parsippany, N.J. (Business Wire) - Nationally recognized Cream of Wheat has partnered with an all-star line-up of chefs to launch Cream of Wheat Goes Gourmet, a charitable initiative leveraging the product's rich history and exciting versatility. The program aims to drive awareness of the country's need for wholesome ingredients and to give Cream of Wheat fans everywhere a unique and accessible culinary experience.
Earlier this year the brand launched a national search inviting top chefs to develop recipes featuring Cream of Wheatas a key ingredient. Eight notable chefs tapped into their favorite memories of Cream of Wheat and merged it with their distinctive styles to create unique side dishes, desserts or main course recipes. Each recipe and accompanying photo can be easily downloaded from the Goes Gourmet tab on Cream of Wheat Facebook page and replicated in kitchens across America.
In addition to making a monetary donation in each chef's name, the brand will donate one box of Cream of Wheat to a national hunger relief charity, up to 5,000 boxes in total, for every recipe downloaded.
Participating chefs and their recipes include:
- Antonia Lofaso of Bravo's "Top Chef" fame, created Crispy Catfish Fritters with Red Hot Cilantro Aioli
- Arturo McLeod of Benjamin Steak House in New York, created Cinnamon Swirl Nut Cake
- Claudine Pepin, noted chef and author of "Jacques Pepin's Kitchen: Encore with Claudine,"created "French-Style" Cream of Wheat with Mushrooms and Leeks
- Donatella Arpaia of Donatella, DBar and Iron Chef America, created Upside Down Apple Cake
- Jet Tila of Wazuzu in Las Vegas created Crispy Thai Salmon with Green Apple Slaw
- Josh Wahler of Fox's "Hell's Kitchen" and Symcha's in South Beach, created Pan Seared Chardonnay & Thyme Marinated Florida Black Grouper with White Truffle Scented Cream of Wheat and Citrus Grilled Asparagus
- Michael Ferraro of Delicatessen and macbar in New York, created Cream of Wheat Crusted Tuna with Charred Corn Cream of Wheat Sauce and Marinated Tomatoes
- Sara Moulton, noted chef and star of "Sara's Weeknight Meals," created Warm Creamy Mocha Pudding
"Cream of Wheat is a long-time American breakfast staple, and with this program we hope to expand the way consumers think about and use the product," said Jordan Greenberg, VP of marketing for B&G Foods. "By partnering with these acclaimed chefs to create Cream of Wheat Goes Gourmet, our goal is to help fans discover the versatility of their favorite childhood product and encourage them to continue the tradition of using Cream of Wheat in family meals, in new and different ways."
- Mars Furthers Sourcing Requirements to Create Sustainable Palm Oil Supply Chain Mars already purchases 100% of its palm oil from RSPO-certified sources.
- Chiquita Brands And Fyffes Creating Global Produce Company Both Chiquita and Fyffes expect the combined company will be well positioned to succeed in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Changes its Name to Keurig Green Mountain According to Brian Kelley, Keurig Green Mountain's President and CEO, the new name combine the company's two strongest brand into a single corporate identity.
For Email Marketing you can trust