Darden Recognized for its Focus on Diversity
09/17/2012 – Orlando, Fla. (PRNewswire) – Darden Restaurants has been recognized by three national publications for its commitment to diversity in its business practices and among its family of restaurants: Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's and Yard House.
Darden has been honored with the following recognitions:
- Black Enterprise Magazine included Darden among its "40 Best Companies for Diversity," recognizing the company's commitment to inclusion as part of its business strategy. This marks the fourth consecutive year and sixth time Darden has appeared on this list.
- HispanicBusiness Media also named Darden as one of its "2012 Best Companies for Hispanics" for its commitment to diversity in all areas of its corporate structure. Darden ranked 13th on the list of 55 companies and appears on the list for the seventh consecutive year.
- LATINA Style Magazine ranked Darden among the 50 best companies in its "2012 LATINA Style 50 Report," which recognizes the best companies for Latinas to work for in the U.S. Darden ranked 24th on the list of 50 companies and appears on the list for the sixth consecutive year.
"At Darden, we consider diversity and inclusion business imperatives that are critical to our success and future growth," said Clarence Otis, Chairman and CEO of Darden. "Every level of our organization is strengthened by a diversity of perspective, attitude and ideas. By fostering and embracing diversity, we enrich our business and our culture."
Darden's long history of diversity and inclusion dates back to 1938, when company founder Bill Darden welcomed anyone as a guest in his first restaurant during an era of racial segregation and discrimination. Today, diversity remains at the core of Darden's culture. The company's diversity initiatives reflect its guiding principles to attract and retain a workforce that embodies its diverse customer base, provide opportunities for diverse suppliers, and contribute to the well-being of the communities it serves.
- LA’s Flagship Food Group To Acquire UK Based Atlantic Foods Group Flagship Food Group is a diversified food and consumer products company supplying frozen, shelf-stable, and fresh products into both the retail and food service markets.
- National Restaurant Association Projecting 448,000 Summer Jobs According to the National Restaurant Association, the restaurant industry is the nation's second-largest creator of summer jobs.
- Campbell to Acquire Plum Organics, Entering the Premium Baby Food Category Campbell Soup Company expects to close on the acquisition of Plum Organics by the fourth quarter of their 2013 fiscal year.
For Email Marketing you can trust