Florida's Restaurant Industry Set to Convene in Orlando
09/10/2012 – Starting on September 22nd, the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association will be welcoming thousands of restaurant and foodservice industry professionals to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Having run this show since 1946, the association has decades of experience bringing relevant educational programs, special events, new food products, equipment and services to engaged attendants. This trade show will run through Monday, September 24 and is sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, a partner of the National Restaurant Association and produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions.
Event highlights include:
- Trends in Dining Panel: Is the concept of "Fine Dining" gone or has it been totally redefined in this new economy? On Saturday, September 22 at 3:00 pm hear what some of the top chefs and restaurateurs are successfully doing right now. Panelists include Chef Louis Perrotte, Former Owner of Le Coq Au Vin Restaurant in Orlando; Chef de Cuisine Gregory Richie from Emeril's Tchoup Chop; Heather McPherson, Orlando Sentinel Food Editor and Restaurant Critic and Master Chef Ferdinand Metz, Dean Le Cordon Bleu & Former President of Culinary Institute of America.
- Celebrity Chefs: Food Network Stars Chef Josh Lyons and Chef Emily Ellyn will be conducting cooking demonstrations and will be joined by Season 5 finalist Jen Isham for a panel discussion. In addition Joshua Bartram, Executive Chef at Greek Island Spice, Inc. and instructors at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts including Chef Peter Vossenberg and Chef Enrique Diaz will be doing culinary demonstrations.
- The 2012 Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum: Ferdinand Metz, a Certified Master Chef, Dean for Le Cordon Bleu and the past President of the World Association of Chefs Societies, has handpicked industry experts to educate attendees at the Show. These industry leaders will be delivering the latest information on trends, applicable business lessons, and their opinions on what generates success.
- Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to products, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market -- healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, etc. Foodservice professionals will discover and learn about the new culinary innovations that will inspire creative and fresh menu ideas, drive profits, and delight customers.
- Meals of Hope: The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association is joining Meals of Hope to build 100,000 meals for local families in need. Meals of Hope is a non-profit organization that was started in 2007 by Executive Director Steven Popper in order to end hunger. The second annual food packing event will take place Sunday, September 23 from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- US Foodservice Presents: The 2012 American Culinary Federation Culinary Arts Competition. Chefs will compete in the R.L. Schreiber Apprentice/Jr. Member Florida State Championship Team Skills Competition, Taste of Elegance Pork Signature Recipe Competition, the USA Culinary Cup Team Competition, and the Pastry Challenge. Many of the award winning meals will be served during the Chef's Table Luncheons, a four-course surprise lunch prepared by the participating chefs.
- US Pizza Team Trials: Some of the country's best dough acrobats will compete against each other in high-flying, dough spinning action! Competitors will compete in several events such as, Fastest Pizza Maker, Largest Dough Stretch, Box Folding, and Freestyle Acrobatics. Each competitor will prepare a 3-minute acrobatic routine set to fast-paced music in hopes to secure a spot on the U.S. Pizza Team.
For more information visit their website.
- Blue Diamond Opens Turlock Plant Nearly 300 direct and indirect jobs are expected to be created from Blue Diamond's Turlock plant.
- Cargill to Acquire Northstar Grain Company Cargill plans $3 million in upgrades to the Northstar Grain facility once the purchase is completed.
- Baskin-Robbins Launches Major Development Incentives For 2013 Baskin-Robbins is offering both franchise incentives and new store designs to attract new franchisees and develop existing relationships.
For Email Marketing you can trust