Newsweek Green Rankings Include 38 Food and Beverage Companies
10/27/2011 - Newsweek has released the results of their extensive Green Rankings, which this year includes 38 companies that have a significant part of their business around food and beverage manufacturing, serving or distribution. Companies are listed in Newsweek's Green Rankings by their Green Score, which includes three components.
- The Environmental Management Score (weighted at 45%)
- The Environmental Impact Score (weighted at 45%)
- The Environmental Disclosure Score (weighted at 10%)
The research and results are a collaboration between Newsweek and leading environmental research companies Trucost and Sustainalytics. For specifics on how the companies score the data please see the original source.
What is important to note is that companies in the food and beverage industry are paying a growing amount of attention to the "planet" portion of the 3 Ps (people, planet, profits). As an example, Julie H. Craven, Vice President of Corporate Communications for Hormel Foods said:
“Being recognized as one of the country’s leaders in corporate responsibility and sustainability again this year reflects our ongoing commitment in the areas of people, products, process, performance and philanthropy,” said Julie H. Craven, vice president of corporate communications at Hormel Foods. “We are honored to continue being acknowledged for these accomplishments.”
While the food and beverage companies start at #52 in rank, FoodAndBeveragePeople.com notes that many of the components the group measures, such as generating greenhouse gases, water use and producing solid waste, are more likely to be a function of producing, manufacturing and distributing foods than of other ranked industries -- such as financial services organizations. For that reason, we have separated out the list of food and beverage companies to acknowledge the extra efforts they have to take to maintain sustainability.
- LA’s Flagship Food Group To Acquire UK Based Atlantic Foods Group Flagship Food Group is a diversified food and consumer products company supplying frozen, shelf-stable, and fresh products into both the retail and food service markets.
- National Restaurant Association Projecting 448,000 Summer Jobs According to the National Restaurant Association, the restaurant industry is the nation's second-largest creator of summer jobs.
- Campbell to Acquire Plum Organics, Entering the Premium Baby Food Category Campbell Soup Company expects to close on the acquisition of Plum Organics by the fourth quarter of their 2013 fiscal year.
For Email Marketing you can trust