USDA Announces Soybean Board Appointments
WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2012 - The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced the appointment of 16 members to the United Soybean Board saying, "These appointees represent a cross section of the soybean industry and I am confident that they will serve the soybean producers well."
Appointed Soybean Board members are as follows:
- James H. Carroll, III, Arkansas
- Walter L. Godwin, Georgia
- David P. Hartke, Illinois
- Mark A. Seib, Indiana
- Laura L. Foell, Iowa
- Dennis R. Clark, Kentucky
- Raymond S. Schexnayder, Jr., Louisiana
- James A. Call, Minnesota
- Todd A. Gibson, Missouri
- Mark Caspers, Nebraska
- Morris L. Shambley, North Carolina
- Jay M. Myers, North Dakota
- John B. Motter, Ohio
- Jim Musser, Pennsylvania
- David G. Iverson, South Dakota
- Robert W. White, Jr., Virginia
The 69-member board is authorized by the Soybean Promotion, Research and Consumer Information Act. The Secretary selected the appointees from soybean producers nominated by Qualified State Soybean Boards. All appointees will serve 3-year terms beginning December 2012.
Research and promotion programs are industry-funded, authorized by Congress, and date back to 1966, when Congress passed the Cotton Research and Promotion Act. Since then, Congress has authorized the establishment of 20 research and promotion boards. They empower farmers and ranchers to leverage their own resources to develop new markets, strengthen existing markets, and conduct important research and promotion activities. AMS provides oversight, paid for by industry assessments, which ensures fiscal responsibility, program efficiency and fair treatment of participating stakeholders.
- LA’s Flagship Food Group To Acquire UK Based Atlantic Foods Group Flagship Food Group is a diversified food and consumer products company supplying frozen, shelf-stable, and fresh products into both the retail and food service markets.
- National Restaurant Association Projecting 448,000 Summer Jobs According to the National Restaurant Association, the restaurant industry is the nation's second-largest creator of summer jobs.
- Campbell to Acquire Plum Organics, Entering the Premium Baby Food Category Campbell Soup Company expects to close on the acquisition of Plum Organics by the fourth quarter of their 2013 fiscal year.
For Email Marketing you can trust